So, here we go ;) I wanted this Challenge Blog to be different than the rest. I’m sure it will evolve as it grows.
Some people question my way of doing business or my philosophy when it comes to business and customer. That’s just it, to me it’s not business to customer, it’s person to person. I respect you, you respect me, we’re both human. Those of you that have shopped on Oozak.com know what my philosophy is all about, at least I hope so ;) I promise, the blog isn’t going to promote the selling part of Oozak.com with every comment, challenge or DT member. “You can find some wonderful 6x6 pads at Oozak.com…” said with a big smile and a salesperson tone. That’s not what I want to accomplish. Of course the blog will: highlight new products here & there; link products back to the Oozak.com website for easy purchase when desired; and help promote brands/people with guest designers – that’s sort of expected. But, in the end, I want it to be real. Fun, informative, personable & social – that’s what I want.
The Oozak Challenge Blog is different –
1. It’s a month long, here’s why…
a. I think websites that have weekly or bi-weekly challenges do it so that they are ‘in your face’ every week. It seems that it’s more of a promotional tool for them than a fun thing to do. I want this to be fun. Coffee or tea anyone?
b. There are a billion challenges out there. Get out and explore the world. Meet new people. See some amazing cards. Discover new techniques. Fill your brain and then share them with us!
2. A new designer every month. A fresh face with fresh ideas…
a. Think of the DT as like the cast of your favorite TV show, except I hope that you don’t hate anyone on my DT (you know how it is, there’s always one character you can’t stand!) Just like a well written TV show, characters have to die off once in a while.
b. The ever changing DT keeps it interesting. Their enthusiasm is contagious for both the DT and players.
3. Guest designers, guest designers, guest designers…
a. Even with the ever changing DT, a Guest Designer or Special Guest adds even more variety to the mix.
b. Would you watch ELLEN if she had the same guest every day? No. My goal is to get one Guest Designer each week! Yes, that’s 52 Guest Designers per year! It won’t happen right away, but that’s the goal ;)
The Oozak Design Team is different –
1. The DT Call never closes. You can apply anytime to dt at oozak dot com
2. Designers aren’t selected based on their purchases from Oozak.com.
3. Designers aren’t selected solely on their capabilities. From Newbie to Pro – it’s a new way to be challenged.
4. When we select a new DT Member…
a. They will be notified one month prior to joining the team to make sure they are still available.
b. If they accept ‘The Challenge’, they will be announced on the 1st of the month prior to their debut.
c. They will be responsible for the next month’s main challenge (in other words, the first month they are on).
5. On the last month of a DT Member’s term, they will be responsible for the Oozak SMASH Book. The Oozak SMASH Book is a way for the designer to express their experience of being on the Oozak DT and to share that process with the Blog.